When it is late at night and everyone has gone to bed I find myself alone in the quiet and stillness- often for the first time of day.
It is these times that I’m able to reflect on the events that have transpired over the course of the day. I think about things I learned or opportunities I missed. I think about places where I fell short and victories attained. It is in these times when I feel a strong hand form the Lord.
It is in these times that I know I am blessed.
- I have a wife that loves me unconditionally.
- I have a beautiful son who has a personality as large as his heart.
- I have a beautiful daughter that is, right this minute, being knitted together by her heavenly Father.
- I get to serve a church body that I love with all my heart.
- I have men in my life that walk beside me as mentors, guides, and friends.
- I have the ability to read and laugh and grow and share and the ability to do countless other things.
- I have a Savior who, while I was still a sinner, died for me and purchased my freedom with his own life.
I live a crazy BLESSED life.
Want to know a secret? So do you.
Get quite, get still, and get thankful for all that you have been blessed with.